19 April 2013

The home studio begins

I use the term "studio" rather loosely.

I bought some microphones online last week, and they arrived today, so I've had some fun putting together the various audio components I have and setting up a working recording setup.




My electric-acoustic guitar is having some technical difficulties, so I'll have to play acoustic and mic it up - hence the two XLR cables. The output lead goes to the line input on the computer.


Mic stands are kind of expensive on a just-starting-from-scratch budget. This is a past-its-prime IKEA reading lamp which fits my needs almost perfectly. I will be looking in hardware stores for some sort of threaded connector which will fit the lamp stand on one end and the mic clips on the other.

Stay tuned for new recordings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...