06 April 2013

Birdy @ The Tivoli

After getting home from WOMADelaide, I got an email from the festival, part of which included a competition to win one double pass for each city of Birdy's Australian tour. I sent off my email, with my details and city of choice. I then promptly forgot about it.

On Wednesday morning I got a phonecall from a SA area code, and answered to find that I had won the Brisbane double pass - for the same evening. Kara wasn't that interested, so I headed off to the Tivoli on my own.



As an All Ages gig (the headline artist isn't old enough to legally drink in Australia), it was alcohol free. That didn't stop me from enjoying some Brisbane-brewed beer at the Brewhouse before going all the way into the city.

L: My favourite, the BPA. R: Trying something new, a Scottish ale.

I got to the Tivoli, where I got myself ticked off the door list, and my wrist stamped "Paid". Then I found a good spot upstairs on the balcony where I could see the stage.

The first few songs were played solo, just vocals and piano, before being joined by a full band.
Back solo for an encore.
Re-joined by the band for "Fire and Rain" as the last song. Cool light effects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...